Benefits of Healthy Living
Some of the many benefits of healthy living include:
- Increased life expectancy
- Improved quality of life
- Fewer health problems
- Lower health care expenses
- Lower incidence of depression
- Lower levels of stress
- Improved mental outlook
- Lower life insurance costs
Challenges of Healthy Living
It can be a real challenge to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Some of the challenges include:
- Time – Modern life is hectic. Work, family obligations, household chores and other obligations consumer our days leaving little time for other activities. Time is the biggest challenge that most people face when trying to adopt or maintain a healthier lifestyle. It takes time to get the recommended amount of daily physical activity, prepare healthy meals, etc.
- Expense – Living a healthy lifestyle can be expensive. Eating healthy food is not cheap. It’s far less expensive to buy a “value meal” at a fast food restaurant than it is to eat (or prepare) a healthy meal. Factor in expenses for physical activity, dietary supplements and other types of things and the costs can get high. However, once you factor in the a savings associated with lower health care costs most people will find that they cost increases are minimal. For those individuals that smoked previously, drank a lot, etc. they will often experience a dramatic DECREASE in expenses by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Family – For those people with a spouse and/or kids it can be even more difficult to live a healthier life. People often feel guilty for taking time for themselves to exercise. While this may seem selfish – it’s actually more selfish not to take the time. Why? Simple, taking care of yourself can extend the quality and quantity of your life. Wouldn’t that be better for your family than having lots of health problems and dying younger? Seems pretty obvious by many people don’t think of it that way but probably should.
Healthy Living is the Right Choice
Adopting or maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the right choice – if you want to live a happier, healthier and longer life. Why would you want it any other way?