Personal Wellness Tools and Resources
- Personal Wellness Checklist – Regular visits to a health care provider can help maintain good health and uncover illnesses early when treatment is more effective. Following are health exam recommendations to ensure wellness. These guidelines are only basic and do not reflect personal risk factors or family history.
- Personal Wellness Goals Form -This questionnaire is designed to help you identify specific wellness goals that can help pinpoint the most effective and efficient program for you.
- Personal Wellness Action Plans – Wellness Planning = Plan what you want and need to do and involve others who can support you to achieve it.
- Personal Wellness Plan Worksheet -People who are successful at making lifestyle changes take time to write out a specific goals and a plan of action. Use this work sheet to write out your goals and action plans. Review the various area of your health. Decide in which areas you would like to make improvement. List your present situation and specify your goals (what you want to accomplish) in measurable terms. Keep track of your progress. Review your goals regularly. Get help from others as needed.
- Personal Wellness Assessment – How Healthy is Your Lifestyle?
- Wellness Pyramid – Each of the four dimensions of life depends upon the correct working of the underlying health component. A healthy body and mind lay the foundation for all creative expression, social interaction, and spiritual insight. The balanced interaction of all four of these separate aspects of life result in optimum health, long life, and inner peace.
- Nutrition Assessment – Ever wonder how healthy your diet is? Take this quick nutrition assessment to get a better idea about the nutritional value of your diet.
- Top 10 Ways To Improve Personal Wellness
- Healthy Lifestyles Inventory – The Healthy Lifestyles Inventory is a very simple activity which is designed to help you examine various activities which you can do each day to maintain and/or improve your health.
- Personal Wellness for Top Peak Performance
- Six Areas of Wellness
- Managing Health Care Through Personal Wellness
- Personal Wellness Fact Sheet
- Personal Wellness Quiz
Walking Wellness Tools and Resources
- Walking Wellness: Walking the Walk – Current recommendations suggest walking 10,000 steps a day for good health. A pedometer can count steps or distance or both, but typically under-records steps in women, especially women with a BMI equal to or greater than 27. Research shows that people walk varying numbers of steps.
- Guide to Physical Activity – An increase in physical activity is an important part of your weight management program. Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake. Sustained physical activity is most helpful in the prevention of weight regain. In addition, physical activity helps to reduce cardiovascular and diabetes risks beyond what weight reduction alone can do. Start exercising slowly, and gradually increase the intensity. Trying too hard at first can lead to injury.
- Walking Wellness: Sample Walking Program – Sample 12-week Walking Wellness Program
Dimensions of Wellness
- Four Dimensions of Wellness: Striving for Personal Wellness – Making healthy choices and decisions
Our thanks to the following organization for allowing us to make these outstanding resources available.